Sunday, June 8, 2008

Teething

I have had a couple of people ask about Hunter and teething!

Well my boy seems to sprout teeth quicker than most. He has had his front 8 teeth for about 3 months already. I have never been around kids when they are teething and Hunter is our first, so I really have nothing to compare it to. He did seem pretty pissy when they were all coming through, and they all happened very quickly. The first 4 came in around Christmas I think. I will check his baby book tomorrow and see (of course it is in his room and he is sleeping!). And the other 4 seems to sprout up at the same time as well. Baby tyelenol helped him get through the night, and during waking hours he would chew on anything he could find- especially me! I stopped breastfeeding when the top teeth came through. I couldn't get him to stop bitting. I called breast feeding consultants, La Leche League woman, and nothing helped. So we went to bottles and formula between 7 and 8 months.

Hunter has a big lump in his bottom right jaw, so I think some of his molars are right there just waiting to make an appearance. He seems to have days when his gums really bother him- he puts in something like a rice cake which he normally loves and will cry when he tries to chew it. I find on those days frozen blueberries work like a charm. Although be prepared for some interesting looking poo! Days when his gums are bothering him he barely seems to eat anything other than apple sauce and yogurt. Poor kidlet!

So that is really all I know about teething! Any moms out there with ideas to share, please let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

frozen bananas are nice. homemade popsicles made with diluted fruit juice. Even frozen wet washcloths are good to nom on.