Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wee-Spawn: The Sequel

For anyone who has been reading our blog for the last two years, this should be an easy one!

We are pregnant again!! I am just six weeks along and should be due around the middle of April.

It took us almost a year to get pregnant with Hunter, but this time around it only took four months of trying. As many of you recall, I was extremely sick during the whole pregnancy with Hunter. Starting around 7 or 8 weeks, the nausea seemed to take over my life! It wasn't just morning sickness, it was all-day sickness that lasted the whole nine months and throughout my labour. I had to be put on medication for it, which reduced the vomiting down to 2-4 times a day. Prior to starting the medication I could barely drink anything and eating was out of the question. And of course, just my luck, the nausea is back again! I have already lost one supper and have looked like a nard while retching in a few parking lots around town.

I am also hoping for a better labour this time around! Last time it was very long and I had some bad hemorrhaging. The doctors in Edmonton advised me that when I had baby number two to walk into the hospital and say this: "Hi, name is Kara and I am a bleeder. Please start my epidural now."

So please send us your happy thoughts and prayers for this pregnancy!

21 comments:

deiss said...

Yay! I'm so excited! Congratulations! I'll be sending you lots of energy every day! WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm an auntie again!

Kennie said...

Happy happy thoughts!! :-)

Kate Nova said...

Congrats! Many happy thoughts and positive vibes.

Megan said...

YAAAAAAAY!!!!

That is just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

What?! Congratulations! You two seem like fantastic parents and I know Hunter will make a fabulous older brother! What great news!

Lots of good and happy thoughts for a great second pregnancy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara, I was thrilled to hear the news. Sounds like you Love being in Faro. I still love to hear about all your adventures. I cannot imagine how happy your life is. I am so proud for all of you. Here's hoping this time is not as hard as the first time. Hunter is a beautiful little boy. I hope you remember me from Tennessee. Happy thoughts and times. Oust from NS in Tennessee.

Anonymous said...

Kara, I really enjoy your blog and just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy - I just had my second, and while it is busier, it just keeps getting better!!! I hope the naseousness doesn't get too bad, I know how hard it is to be sick with a little one around! take care!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Matt and Kara! MY SIL was sick for 6 or 7 months with her first, but she's had two more since then and each time the nausea lasted a couple of months less. Maybe you'll get lucky, too! Wishing you all the best!

jen said...

YEY KARA!! Soo exciting!! We are pregnant together!! I will be sending you well wishing non-barfing thoughts! This time is the worst, I hope it's better for you this time then the last!

Aida said...

awww..the nausea really sucks eh. i refuse to eat anything till the throwing episode is done for the day with Ben, surprisingly he still came out almost 8 lbs!

here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy..then when your wee spawn come along, you might think the nausea is nothing compared to 2 rugrats under 2...LOL

Aida said...

oh btw, i had to laugh at your "hi, my name is kara and i am bleeder" tag. my OB in winnipeg told me if we are going to hv more kids..it will be "hi, my name is Aida, lay me on the csection table since i am not allowed to labor".

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

We are thrilled for you guys. When you come to visit next June we will have a baby crib here for you and a bed for Joey and Hunter to double up in!! I must go surfing now for some "fun" clothes for the little one. But of course, no flip flops. :)

Trish said...

Congrats you two!!!!

I wish you all the health and happiness, positive vibes and so on :-)

dogsled_stacie said...

Haha, "Iooked like such a nard" - that kills me.

Congrats! hoepfully the puking is less than the last go-round! :)

Anonymous said...

Kara, Matt & Hunter:

so glad to hear about the sequel! Hope you are feeling better or they give you some drugs soon!! by the way are you guys ever going to come back to HR for a visit???

Christine

Anonymous said...

A big congrats to the both of ya!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes!!

Asheya said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news, and I'm sure Hunter will enjoy having a little brother or sister.

Jennith said...

Hey Kara,

Congratulations and I do hope the second time around is better than the first. I really need to stop hanging around pregnant people - my list of reasons never to do that to myself keeps getting longer and longer. :D Although, I'm sure in the end it must be worth it or the population wouldn't grow much.

Unknown said...

Kara - So excited for you and your family!

Laura

Matthew & Michele said...

Congrats!!