Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Potty Use!!

Okay- all of you folks sick of hearing about baby stuff go no further!!

Hunter peed in his potty for the first time today!!! Hurray!! I had been setting him on it quite a bit with his diaper on just to get him used to it. We would also put him on it naked in the evening when we run his bath.

Today, when he woke up from his nap I went to change his diaper but he was dry. So we headed to the bathroom and both went pee on our respective potties!! I hope we can get him doing this a few times a week from here on out.

And if you have some great potty training advice send it our way! We would love to here what worked for you.

7 comments:

Megan said...

You are going to HATE my potty-training story.

Just before his second birthday, Michael decided that he hated diapers. He would pee or poop in his diaper and then immediately take it off, complaining that it was "ick". (He was right.)

We bought some cloth training pants at Northern and put them on him one morning. He trained himself in one day.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Colby was the same way. Trained himself in a day. Joey? He is a different story altogether. He was showing an interest for a while and now... nuffin. Brat.

Aida said...

real undies worked for Ava, i sewed some cute ones for her yesterday. she is able to stay dry during the day and we put a diaper on for her naps and bedtime..she did peed once in her undies and it came down her legs and all and i think she learned from there.

also i asked her if she wants to go potty every 15 - 30 minutes and let her flush the toilet..i think she is psyched to sit on it cause i let her flush the toilet..lol and yes, she said "bye bye pee pee" so cute..

Trish said...

I don't have kids, but I have a younger sister. Sandra had a bad diaper rash, so mom let her roam free. She had one or two accidents et voila. She didn't have a little potty, so we would go with her and balance her on the toilet seat. The downside was until she was almost five she would wait for someone to come and wipe her with her butt in the air. Pretty funny in hindsight, which is also funny.

Matthew & Michele said...

My wife trained me by patting me on the head, saying what a good man I am and feeding me stuff I like.

Worked for us.

:o)

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Those are pretty funny, but I think Matthew wins.

deiss said...

YAY HUNTER! WHOOOO! WAY TO GO! heehee