Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Rough Time

This pregnancy is doing me in again! Yesterday I could not get a handle on the vomiting/retching/yakking/ralphing etc. I am so glad I have such a good kid- he napped for almost 3 hours in the afternoon, so I did as well. He went right to sleep at 7pm just like every other night too. I tried to get to bed early, but my stomach was so irritated from throwing up all day I just felt miserable. Then by 11pm I was back to throwing up constantly. It gets so bad that I cannot breath and it just makes it worse. I called Matt who is working over in Pelly Crossing right now around 1am and he told me to call the nurse and get a shot of gravol. The nurses here are wonderful of course, and she came over to the house to give me a shot since I couldn't leave Hunter! That helped and I was to sleep by 2am. Hunter slept until 7:30, but after a shot of gravol I felt like I had the worst hangover in the world! So I called my neighbours, their daughter is the one who always babysits Hunter, and they took Hunter for the morning. What wonderful people! So I went back to bed until after 11. When I went to pick up Hunter I was fed tea, borscht, and biscuits. I am so lucky to have met such wonderful people here in Faro. My diclectin should arrive tomorrow from Whitehorse. Hurray for the drugs!

6 comments:

deiss said...

Aw sweetie... I'm sending you lots of hugs and energy your way.

jen said...

OMG woman, that's hard core!! I've got my fingers crossed the drugs work!

Aida said...

oh gosh..but good to hear you hv great help! yes diclectin seems to help me tons when i was pregnant with Ben.. before it comes, you might want to try some ginger tea, worked for me.

Trish said...

Hey, I was looking up this horrible sickness and I think it is called "Hyperemesis Gravidarum" Extreme sickness starting early in the pregnancy and sometimes last until delivery. Sucks, you hit some sort of weird jackpot, rare from .3 to 2%.

What is sad is historically the doctors used to blame the pregnant women saying it was a psychological disorder saying the women were sick because the pregnancy was unwanted. What asses. Thank god we live in an era with help not blame and unnecessary suffering!

Yeah Drugs!!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you were feeling that way. I thought since you hadn't mentioned it that maybe you were spared.

That's too bad! Hang in there... at least you know it is all worth it!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I know Trish! Isn't that crazy that I get to be part of the lucky 2%!

I love my ginger tea Aida! I have been taking that, peppermint tea, nettle tea, and wild yam root. All natural anti-puke remedies. Sadly, they haven't worked well on me! Well, they make me pee a lot!