Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I am pooped.

I am a morning person. Always have been and probably always will be. The boy is also a morning person. However, this getting up at 5:30am is driving me nuts. He is awake and ready for the day. Then he naps for 2 hours in the afternoon and goes to bed at 7pm. We tried keeping him up a bit later, but it didn't make a difference.

I have been super busy during the day with Matt gone and keeping up to the boy. At least I am getting my energy back now that I am into the second trimester. I am up to 21 pairs of booties for the big craft fair in November. I am trying to get at least one pair done each day. If I have 30 pairs ready I would be happy with that.

Tomorrow is the Halloween party for the playgroup that Hunter attends. I made mini cupcakes iced as pumpkins this afternoon for it. It should be pretty damn cute to see the little kids all dressed up.

Well I am headed to the sofa to relax and then I bet I will be in bed well before nine tonight. I am such a pansy.



ps.
Stacey or Heather- you must come to the craft fair and buy the matching pair of booties that I made. They have dogsleds on them. Perfect gift for an auntie to give her favorite munchkins or for a mommy to give her own kidlets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my friend's kid is like that.. no matter what time he goes to bed he's up with the birds! I spent the night there once and at 5 am he was next to me.. "Zia.. Zia??? are you up?? ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA are you awake now?" Love the kid to pieces, but not at 5am!

dogsled_stacie said...

I'll be there and I'll try and beat Heather or else she'll buy them all up!

What day is it anyways??

It sounds like you're making great progress! I feel for you with that no sleeping thing, man, I HATE mornings and would not adapt to that 5:30 am thing well at all...

Heather, aka: Mum said...

Hay Kara...If Auntie Stacie DOESN'T beat me to the craftshow...You'd better be saving those booties for my girls & contacting me!! Gad...I REALLY wantn to make it to some of the shows this year...it would be SO much fun! (not to mention expensive...)

5:30 A.M. I'd DIE!!!!! The girls go to bed at about 9 & stay in bed till 9 the next norning...sometimes I don't get them then either!! There are days that they will play happily & then fall back to sleep till 10:30 or 11 !! I figure if they REALLY want up they'll be letting me know! Now tonight, we've just come in from WHores (at 11pm) so they don't want to sleep at all :( The pric ewe pay for keeping them in their car seats all day!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

ahahahha oh Heather... I hope you meant coming in from chores versus whores!!! ahahahhahahaha

And wow do those girls sleep! I love that Hunter goes down at 7. Gives me some adult time to myself. But that 5:30 is a killer.