Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Truck in the Ditch

This happened last weekend, and of course I have been harassing my poor husband ever since. He tried stopping at a stop sign at the bottom of a hill and it is glare ice. The truck just went right across the street and into the ditch. The front end is so heavy with the diesel engine and the roads so slick Matt couldn't get it out on his own, and neither could any other truck that offered to help! In the end a front end loader had to tow it out. Funny- everyone in town thinks I did it, so I am having fun telling them the real story. There were already tracks into the ditch, so Matt at least wasn't the first person to do it! I guess it happens often!




And now some cute pictures:

Too bad Matt has his eyes close for this one! He was getting Hunter ready to play outside. It wasn't that cold, but it was wet, so the snowpants came out:


The first bit of snow we got about 10 days ago. We have more now.


And some goofy smiling pictures of the boy:

5 comments:

deiss said...

Oh Matt... Has he forgotten how to drive a truck in winter? Too many years on a sled? Hee hee...

Jennith said...

I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay.... Its always a relief when a car accident is merely an embarassing story. We flipped a station wagon into a ditch some years ago (I'm innocent having been asleep in the middle of the back seat with my seat belt on) - luckily the only casualties were the car top carrier and the side view mirrors and 1 cd case..... oh and a 2 kg bag of worther's candy spread all over the place once they rolled it back over.

Yukongirl said...

Something completely unrelated to this posting :-) I got this at work today and thought I would let you know....Jennifer

TABLES AVAILABLE! LAST CHANCE!
Home Based Business Show at the Yukon Inn Fireside Room
Saturday, November 15th from 10am to 4pm
Contact Janet at 633-3644
Deadline to book your table is Friday, October 31st

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Thank you Yukongirl for thinking about me! But I lucked out and got into the Spruce Bog craft fair and it is on the same day. Too bad, I would love to see what they have at the other place!!

Matthew & Michele said...

Ouch. I bet nothing hurt except the man pride. :)