Saturday, November 8, 2008

I LOVE INDIGO!

A couple of weeks ago I asked Fawn in Whitehorse to look at a fur coat for me. I cut them up to trim out the booties I make for kids. Well lovely Indigo Sweetwater was reading and sent me a treat.

Today my husband picked up a rubbermaid from the greyhound sent by Indigo all the way from Kamloops. Inside, it was packed with fur coats!!!!! They are all perfect for what I do. There is hundreds (actually more I bet) of dollars worth of coats in there. There was even this beaver shawl thing that I am in love with and have been wearing ever since I opened the container. I asked to pay her. Nope. She wouldn't have any of that. She likes to barter instead, so she will be getting a lovely pair of booties later this month.

I have never met Indigo in person. She is another one of the wonderful people I have "met" by keeping this blog running. She has sent us a parcel in the past just full of sewing goodies and toys for Hunter. Indigo travels the north (and the world) and I hope that we will be able to meet in person soon.

Thank you Indigo. I appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness so much!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwwww! No worries. You deserve to have good things come your way. I always enjoy your blog so much. I am so glad the recylced furs will have a wonderful refurbished/refashioned/repurposed (what is the word?) home in the beautiful booties that you make. And I am SO impressed with Greyhound. Now if they only went to Nunavut!

jen said...

I agree Indigo is wonderful!! :) Although I've met her...lol neener neener :P

dogsled_stacie said...

So cool! And how nice!

Where's the pics??! :)

Anonymous said...

Indigo rocks!

Heather, aka: Mum said...

Nice to see nice people doing nice things...awwwww....That's a lot of "nice"!! ;)

I'm with Stacie...I wana see PICS! (Especially of those Booties that Auntie Stacie is getting for my girls!!!!! nudge nudge wink wink)

Megan said...

Let me pile on with the Indigo love. :)

Unknown said...

enough already! there's nothing left of me but a great BIG grease spot on the bottom of the pile!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Indigo for being so nice! Yay for Kara for having such a great blog! And yay for Hunter for being SO DARN CUTE!!

Man, I love hearing good news. Nice people doing nice things for people who deserve it. Really, I can't get enough of that.

Aida said...

yay for indigo and yay to Kara. looks like you are going to be busy sewing those booties..if you are like me..you will cjump into sewing them asap..i can't keep new fabrics alone..lol