Sunday, November 23, 2008

Strange Pregnancy Cravings

During my first pregnancy all I wanted was gummies. Gummy bears, gummy worms, winegums, etc. If it was gummy- I wanted it. I went about 2 months where I could not eat meat and would throw up if Matt cooked bacon or moose. And then there was the day that I wanted steak and gummies at the same time. Tasted great going down, not so good on the way back up 1/2 an hour later. I got a big "I told you so!" from my hubby on that one.

Now this pregnancy all I want is meat! Gummies, well I'll take 'em or leave 'em. And my biggest craving? Side Pork!! And of course I want it with syrup. So that is what is in the frying pan right now.

Things that are making me yak- spaghetti squash and salad. I wanted to yak when I looked at the squash in SuperStore. No clue why. I normally love the stuff. And the salad thing really baffles me too. I can eat all of the parts of salad, except the lettuce. And that is what we would usually eat for lunch are big salads.

Pregnancy is odd. And I believe I just finished 19 weeks! Ultrasound on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Aida said...

this is funny. i dont recall having any weird cravings though i did crave anchovies when i pregnant with Ava but that is something we eat back home.

Asheya said...

Isn't it weird how some things just turn you right off when you are pregnant? I'm having the meat loving right now too, but I can't even stomach the thought of yam. Yam is pretty much Eowyn's main food right now, so I see it and smell it fairly regularly.