Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas!

Christmas morning started out with the best present of Hunter sleeping in until 7am! Hurray! The boy was in awe of his stocking that had about 8 dinky cars in it. He would have been content with just that. Then out to the tree. Oh was that exciting! The neighbours came over to watch him open his presents and his Nannie and Poppie in Cape Breton watched him via webcam. He unwrapped the first present which is a little crocodile piano and the second of a little John Deere front end loader and from there on he didn't much care about anything else.

We were all thoroughly spoiled rotten. Our folks went together and got us a 1hp meat grinder, a massive dehydrator, jerky shooter and some other meat making paraphernalia. We had sold all of that stuff when we left Nunavut, so we are all set again.

Here are a few pictures. The neighbours took pictures for us this morning and will be burning a disc for us later. So of course more pictures will follow!

Matt prepping the tree:


Santa was definitely here:


The boy checking out the goods:


Talking to Nannie and Poppie on the webcam:


Daddy trying to coax Hunter into his new ball tent. This toy rocks!!!


And then we could not get him out of it:



MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY!



ps. Cuz Heather! Please write me at kara underscore went at hotmail dot com. I need your mailing address!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he had a great morning!

Aida said...

merry christmas!

Heather, aka: Mum said...

hehehe...I had to talk REALLY LOUD at 8 am to get the girls to wake up because I wanted to see what Santa had placed under the tree & they would have kept sleeping & therefore kept me waiting...that just would have KILLED me!

deiss said...

Merry Christmas! What a fun day!

Unknown said...

It was so great to chat with you both last nite. The Christmas card IS here. David had sat the last delivery of mail fro Christmas Eve on some surface that was overlooked until I asked about mail. Love the photo of Hnter, it is a true Canadiana.

Happy Boxing day, now where are my gloves??!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt, I have the same Orange T-Shirt. Although I think I fill it out better than you!

Shelley said...

OH Man a Ball tent! I want one...well wouldn't fit but it's a great idea.