Thursday, December 11, 2008

Potluck Fun

The best part of small communities has to be the potlucks. Tonight Hunter and I went to the rec centre and had a wonderful time! My boy is such a social butterfly, just like his mama. He spent the whole evening running around, visiting with half of town, chasing/being chased by other kids, and of course eating heaps of wonderful food. I bet there was about 70 people, or maybe more. And oh the food was soooo good!

The boy was seriously a riot to watch tonight. He stopped in at each table, said his hellos, stole some food and then went on his way. At one point I was visiting a bit too long and lost track of him. I found him half way up a set of stairs being watched by another boy probably around 8 or 9. The kid was so cute- said he was keeping an eye on him to make sure he wouldn't fall! I love small communities where everyone keeps an eye out on your kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the same here. Don't ya just love it?

Anonymous said...

What strikes me in small communities is that the older kids have such a sense of responsibility to watch out for the little ones. And I miss the potlucks -- not just community ones, but the impromptu dinner parties with friends borne of closeness in location and lack of other events going on.