Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa!

Santa came to Faro today! And every kid aged 12 and under even got a present from the jolly fellow. Hunter wasn't too impressed with Santa, but he did like getting a present. That is until he saw the other toys the bigger boys had. There were soccer balls and building blocks, but the one item that Hunter was in love with were remote controlled trucks! Gosh he wanted to take one of those home so bad. Poor kid! He got this (creepy) Backyardigans (we have never seen the show, but the box said this is what it is) penguin thing. You touch his wing and it skates around the floor a bit and sings (a horrible irritating) tune. So far he isn't too sure about it!

After Santa we came home and decorated the tree. All of my pretty and breakable ornaments are all boxes up and I will probably see them when he is 10 or so. Hunter loved crawling under it; I guess it makes a great hiding spot!

Trying to run from Santa!


He liked the present though!


Trying it with mom, but still no fun:


Trying for a family photo:


Of course he wanted everyone elses presents:


Checking out all the loot!


Helping dad put up the angel:


Hanging the ornaments:


What a great hiding spot!


Big smiles!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(sigh)....man I miss hardwood floors.

Anonymous said...

I love the "CHEESE" pictures.

jen said...

Seriously you need to check out Backyardigans! It's a good show, and they have decent singers...you got Pablo but the way lol. My kid hasn't even popped out yet and I watch backyardigans (OK maybe I only watch it with my 4 year old niece, but it's seriously good). It's one kids show where the music isn't horrible...not like that terrible show "in the night garden".

It doesn't sound like Hunter watches much T.V though? I know I'm going to be all about the t.v (one way I'm NOT going to win parent of the year award lol), just not most of the crappy treehouse shows, absolutely no Barney, I will need some shred of sanity! lol

Anonymous said...

In that last photograph, Hunter looks so much like you Kara. WOW! Funny how that happens ;)

BunBun said...

Aww too cute! We have to wait until Alysha gets back from college before we can go get a tree!

Heather, aka: Mum said...

OMG He really DOES look like you !!! Too cute :)

BTW I never even THOUGTH about storing my good Christmas tree stuff until they are older! What was I thinking...time to give my head a shake I guess!! We'll get one this weekend & up it up...guess I'll have to get some walmart (grrrr) crap till they get older too!! OH THIS SUCKS!!

And about the backyardigans...I have no tv...no clue what they are...my two are deprived!!