Friday, January 2, 2009

Missed a week, but found a name!

In all of the excitement of the holidays I became confused as to how many weeks pregnant I am!

I thought I was 24 weeks along this week, but nope. I am now 25 weeks! Only 15 more weeks to go until we meet little Skeletor.

And finally success on the naming front! We had the girl name picked out since we were expecting with Hunter, but we have been stuck on a boys name for this one.

So for a girl: Anna Elizabeth
And for a boy: Cavan Edward

Cavan is an Irish/Gaelic name that means handsome one and we both like the name. Hurray! So we are all ready for the baby to arrive. Well sort of! Still need to find a few more baby items. We left most of that stuff up north after we had Hunter. I have been watching the classifieds in the newspaper and I think I can pick up most everything I need from there.

So almost done the second trimester!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the name. Very cool. And what is it that you still need to find?

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Hello my favorite stalker! :)

I need a swing, bumbo, change pad to put on top of a dresser, breast pump (but I think I have a lead on that), double stroller... hmmm I think I have a few more things but I can't think of them!

We are going to get a toddler bed and punt Hunter out of the crib. We have a car seat, jolly jumper, playpen and bassinet. So we are doing good so far!

jen said...

That's an awesome name, I've never heard of it before. So many things to buy! My bank account sympathizes with you right now lol.

Heather, aka: Mum said...

Hay! I have the $50.00 Gerber hand pump with all the parts, & the fancy black insulated carrying bag with it! It's yours if you want it! I really didn't use it...so it's in excellent condition!

Just let me know!
Oh I have a change mat & covers too ... There is a crib here too, it's a white one.

What is a Bumbo? I might have some other stuff but I have a ftiend that just had a little girl so lots is already gone! Just e-mail me you lidt & I'll see what I can do :)

LOVE THE NAMES!!!

Heather, aka: Mum said...

God, my typos are BAD!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a blue Bumbo I'm about to Freecycle. If we lived near each other, I would totally offer it to you, although I feel I should warn you that some people in parenting communities I read have mentioned it's ergonomically incorrect. My son never took to it, though, so I never bothered researching those claims.

Unknown said...

yeah, what is a bumbo!??

Anonymous said...

Cool! How do you pronounce it? Is it a short "a"? And is the emphasis on the first or second syllable? In my head, it sounds like "Gavin" but with a C...

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You are right on Fawn! Similar to Gavin!