Monday, April 20, 2009

On the mend...

Or at least I think! It has been over 5 hours since I threw up last and about 7 hours for Hunter. In the last 24 hours I have managed to keep down a couple of cups of water, a bit of gingerale, a popsicle and half an applesauce cup. Although, anything that went in took the express route out.

I only broke out into tears once. Hunter was sitting beside me on the sofa and we were both crying! Poor Matt, he deserves an award for taking such good care of us.


We all took a trip down to emergency to get checked out. I was to come back for an IV last night if I still couldn't hold in any fluids, but I was keeping down some water so I opted to just stay home and rest. I got a few hours of sleep and Hunter has been sleeping since about 5pm last night. He would wake to throw up a little and then pass right back out again. My poor kid. Him and Matt are still in bed and once they get up I will probably crawl back in there.

3 comments:

dogsled_stacie said...

Awwww.... that's so sad about you two crying on the couch. :(

Thank goodness dad was there to take care of you two messes. lol :

Hope things improve right NOW and that you all have a great day.

Lana said...

I am so glad that you guys are feeling better! Hopefully the baby will come soon!! I am thinking of you guys lots!

Carole said...

OMG Kara! I can't imagine feeling that sick on the verge of giving birth. I've been thinking so much of you lately and hope you have the baby soon. S-K-E-L-E-T-O-R-!-!-! W-H-E-R-E A-R-E Y-O-U-?