Saturday, September 19, 2009

Here we are now going to the East Side....

Well East Coast anyways. Tomorrow we are driving into Whitehorse and then bright and early Monday morning we start our cross country flight. We will be spending the next three weeks in Cape Breton visiting my in-laws (hmmm... maybe out-laws??).

It is going to be one heck of a long day for us and the kids. We leave Whitehorse at 7am and arrive in Sydney, NS at 8pm our time, midnight their time. I am happy we are able to do it all in one day though. One the way home we have a stop over in Calgary where we hope to catch up with some friends and family.

The East Coast grandparents are just giddy with excitement. They have not seen Hunter in a year and a half and have yet to meet Cavan. I am sure the kids are going to be spoiled rotten during our trip. I am excited to put my feet up while the grandparents chase the kids. Here's hoping we can get a date night in without the kids while we are there.

We have our house sitter all arranged, the place is pretty clean, outdoor toys are packed away and our bags are nearly packed. I am sure I will be blogging while on vacation and of course I will keep the pictures coming.

And sorry Tina, no stop over in Saskatoon! :(

6 comments:

deiss said...

How about a stopover in Ottawa? Montreal?

Morena said...

I give you one word... GRAVOL!

Have a great time. Pics of trees please!

Tina said...

You honk. Cancel the trip and re-book it with a stop over in Saskatoon. Hea, seriously though, we need to chat. Wanna plan a trip next summer to meet up camping somewhere between there and here?

Tigger said...

Hey! Have a fantastic trip!

Just me said...

Enjoy the trip! I am a bit jealous...Cape Breton in the fall all the beautiful colours on the trees. BTW, my gift arrived. Thank you so much...the sweet, runny goodness makes my toes tingle.

yukonmusher said...

have a great time!
an update freezing rose petals. I froze the petals in the ziplock freezer bags and the do last a while. I never got slowed down enough to make rose petal jelly so I thought I would use them at the reception on the tables.
Well the contractor that was fixing the ilaws place unplugged our freezer and the petals went bad as soon as they thawed a bit, lost the color. So I thought I can still use them for jelly. then we got our moose and the hubby took them out and tossed them in the back of the truck, and I didnt notice in time. So my petals stayed good for almost 2 or 2.5 months anyways. I think they would go aways yet, if you made sure they can thaw at all, and little handeling.
well safe travels!