Monday, November 23, 2009

Faro: Home to the Best Neighbours!

Last week was probably the worst week I have been through since I had kids. It is no wonder sleep deprivation is a favorite form of torture! I would have been ready to admit to anything as long as I was promised a night of sleep in return.

The kindness and generosity of my neighbours last week made me appreciate our home in Faro even more than I already do. One neighbour took Hunter off my hands for nearly two hours. That same neighbour cooked up supper. Another neighbour took Hunter out for a walk. Then on Friday night, Matt was called to Ross River to work for the weekend. I was pooped and didn't want to cook supper. And I was too lazy to brave the -25C outside to bundle up the kids, start the truck and go and grab a pizza at the restaurant. In steps another neighbour who offers to run down and pick it up for me. Seriously- how nice is that! There was also a lot of verbal support from most everyone I ran into.

What may have seemed like little things to those neighbours, meant the world to me last week. I am thankful for this community and the support I receive. Faro is the best place to call home!

3 comments:

Tigger said...

Isn't it amazing how a small gesture from someone can just change someone else's day? I am glad you find yourself surrounded by kind, thoughtful people. I am sorry you were having a bad week. I hope this one is shaping up to be better.

Sharilee said...

Hi! I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I have been following your blog. It sounds like you are adjusting well to Faro. I ran across it when I was researching Faro online because I am considering moving there in three or four years time. I lived in Whitehorse about five years ago, and have always missed the Yukon. Anyways, nice to hear about your adventures online. thanks and take care.

freckles said...

I am quickly learning that great neighbours are like family up here. You rely on each other and help each other out. I hope I have the same luck as you while we are here in this community. :)