Saturday, November 7, 2009

Getting Older Is Inevitable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Today was one of those wonderful family days that makes me appreciate all I have been given in life. Matt let me get an extra two hours of sleep after I had been up most of the night, then we spent the morning cleaning house and playing with the kids. We all took naps and then spent a couple of hours outside in the snow. Our evening was filled with giggling children as we did bath time and a lot of running around the house time. There wasn't much exciting about the day, it was just a perfect family day.

But the best part of my day was supper. As I mentioned on my last post, Hunter has been playing "picnic" all week. We hide under blankets and pretend to eat, usually pancakes. So for supper tonight I made up pancakes, bacon and canteloup while Matt turned our kitchen table into a tent. Hunter was so excited to have a real picnic complete with his favorite food. The baby giggled and tried to grab our plates as we ate. It was a wonderful family supper full of laughter.

Heading into the tent:
My boys enjoying pancakes for our picnic! Hunters face is hilarious here!
His chipmunk cheeks here are stuffed full of pancake!
Here is the bike trailer we got as a gift from the wonderful folks around Faro. I just purchased the stroller kit and it arrived this week. This was our first drive in it!
While their faces don't show it is this picture, they did have a great time! We walked about two and a half kilometers with it today.
**Thanks to Indigo for the title of my post!

5 comments:

Sarah N said...

I think we're going to trade in the bob and get the double when the time comes. what kind of stroller is that?

Morena said...

Got to love days like that. And LOVE that stroller.

Clare said...

Awesome picnic you guys.

Dianna said...

Too much fun meeting you today at the Canada Games Center in Whse! Look forward to connecting! Dianna (Sym's City)

Asheya said...

We have one of those in Whitehorse and it has been great! Glad you are enjoying the snow and cold! Can't say I miss it! Although after carrying a heavy baby around all day I do miss the chariot...