Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pretend Play

Hunter has just hit the stage where he can pretend play. His favorite activity now is "picnic" where we hide under a blanket that is our tent and we pretend to eat food. He offers me a number of yummy treats such as pancakes, broccoli, peas and water (his favorite foods). We also sing songs, count outloud, and talking about camping trips we took during the summer. He could play this all day long!

Cavan also gets in on the action and giggles whenever we hide him under our tent. He looks at his big brother with such adoration and no one can make that baby laugh the way Hunter does.

Today I made a special tent for Hunter by covering the exersaucer with a blanket and Hunter crawled into the bottom of it. But he was so sad that the baby and I didn't fit, that he took the blanket off and brought it back to the couch so we could all participate.

I think tomorrow I need to make a big tent using our dining room table so we can have a family picnic. Real pancakes might be required as well!

2 comments:

Tina said...

You so rock as a mom.

Trish said...

No kidding! Those boys are so lucky to have you and Matt.

Side note, my word verification is "ingest" I think you should definitely make those pancakes, it's a sign.