Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stacking

Hunter is obsessed with stacking. He will stacks blocks, cars, bread pans, plastic containers... anything he has around him he will stack. I brought out crayons for him to play with and he won't really colour, instead he tries to stack them. Is this a boy thing?

And after he is done stacking, the items are usually relocated to the under-the-seat compartment in his push van or to the bucket of his John Deere loader and pushed around the house, dumped out repeatedly, pushed around a bit more, and then relocated to some obscure location in my house. Usually my bed.

This is his favorite cupboard and I have no clue how he hasn't broken his foot with the number of cans he has dropped while playing in here. Last week though, he tried to stack the open bottle of maple syrup on top of this tower in the picture. It did not end well. The tower fell, the lid to the maple syrup popped open and it glug-glugged all over my floor. In the few seconds in took me to grab it, my floor was a mess. Cleaning up maple syrup is not easy! But my kitchen did smell nice and sweet for a few days!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Joey is the same way. Must be a boy thing. :)

Tigger said...

That is hilarious! Is that what I have to look forward to? I have to say, Peekaboo didn't do a lot of "Stacking"!