Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Christmas To Remember (but not for the best reasons)

We are still down in northern BC at my parents place, but I thought I would do a quick post. It has definitely been a Christmas to remember... **** don't read any more if you get queasy easily!

Hunter started yakking the day we arrived and did that for three days. He christened two beds, the living room rug, the sofa, the bathroom mat, me, Matt.... and more. Nasty projectile yakking to boot.

My nephew ended up with thrush. The doctor screwed up the prescription and the poor kid was taking five times the regular dose, so he kept throwing up after he would take the medication. After Matt read the bottle, he had my sister-in-law reduce the dose and he improved. But then he seemed to get a bit of Hunter's flu and was yakking more. The medication also gave this little guy (10 months old) the worst smelling liquid shit I have ever been around. And it would overflow his diaper. We had two shit-explosions. One under the kitchen table and another on the living room rug.

My parents little dog had pus/bloody squidge coming out of its butt onto the living room rug. So nasty.

Corrienne, my sister-in-law, got the worst of the flu on Christmas day and spent most of it in bed.

Matt was feeling sick Christmas Eve and Christmas day, but he didn't get it anywhere near as bad as Corrienne.

Cavan started yakking yesterday, but seems to be on the mend today. Again, the living room rug took its share of the action.

Hunter has been sleeping fairly well, but he has been in a bed with Matt the whole time. The baby wants to stay up until 11pm and then sleep until 8am, and he screams if we try and lay him down in the playpen to sleep on his own. I want my evenings and bed back.

And the worst? Are you ready for it? Cavan has some nasty diarrhea and had just filled his third diaper in about 10 minutes this morning. I had him between my legs (on the living room rug) while I was changing his diaper, when the shit exploded out of his ass like it was under a couple hundred pounds of pressure. It shot about two feet through the air and hit me in the crotch. I thought I was going to yak. Then Matt comes in, throws me some paper towel and starts to walk away!! Nice try husband. I gave him my scrotum shriveling death glare and he then gladly came to my rescue.

I think we will be buying my mother a new rug for the living room... it just has a funky smell to it now.

So this is definitely a Christmas to remember. I will post again about the fun we did still manage to have and the lovely presents Santa brought once we get home to Faro in a couple of days. I have some great pictures to share and some non-stomach turning stories to share!

10 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

Please tell me someone took video. Not of the "scrotum shriveling", but of the rest of the chaos. It sounds like the basis of a Hollywood blockbuster!

In Iqaluit said...

Oh Kara! That is one rough Christmas but thanks for sharing and even finding some humour in it all (well, I thought is was funny READING it... not sure about being AROUND it and it TOUCHING me).

You're the best! Can't wait to hear more stories. Have a safe trip back!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your holiday was so unholy, Kara. We had our share of kid sickness back in the fall and I thought I was going to go insane. I can only imagine what you guys have gone through. I hope you get a chance to have some better family times ahead.

Carole said...

"I gave him my scrotum shriveling death glare" OMG! I think I peed my pants that was so funny. You certainly have a way with words, Kara.

Hopefully the rest of your stay will be free of the brown, smelly, projectiles.

Oh, and the word verification? fluerle...hhmm.

Frances said...

Wow, Kara I laughed so hard Adam came to see what was up! Ah...good times, it will be a memory in a few weeks. Safe travels home.
Frances :)

Anonymous said...

I think you've described what some call a 'number three'.

Thanks for your blog!

Breigh said...

hahaha omg I hate to laugh at your expense but I'm dying over here. I just read it aloud to my husband and we were both in stitches!

Sorry to hear you had such a challenging holiday, but it definitely makes for some awesome blogging material!!

Matthew & Michele said...

LOL.

Sounds like you had a "shitty" Christmas. Jan 1 has got to be better!

(Unless sickness moves onto you)

Aida said...

arrrgghh, the crap that comes out from those kids eh! but i am sorry, i was laughing too

Ann said...

Thank god they grow up and can take care of themselves.
Sorry to hear you were all so sick.