Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cookies!

On the weekend I baked about seven dozen cut out cookies and yesterday I finally found the time to decorate them. The baby was asleep and Hunter was ready to be my assistant. He decorated about six of them himself and then happily ate three!

I know squirrels aren't very festive, but the cookie cutters are new and I was looking for an excuse to use them!

A Christmas Moose!
Most of the cookies! They were packed up along with the whipped shortbreads I made last week and are ready to go to some of our friends in Faro.
And this is what happens when you feed a little boy three iced cookies and let him run like a wildman at playgroup- sheer exhaustion!

6 comments:

Ladues of the North said...

that's awesome!! I bet he had so much fun with that!!
we are missing baking this year however we may do a gingerbread house.

Tammy said...

Mmmmm I can just imagine the smell. How did you get your icing to glaze so nicely...?
(Love the squirrels/chipmunks - you could always call them Chip n Dale, they had a holiday special with Mickey & Pluto)

tuesy said...

I have the moose cookie cutter, too! We call them Christmoose cookies, to make them more festive!

Morena said...

The icing is so smooth and silky looking. I'm with Tammy, how did you do that?

dogsled_stacie said...

It's the Christmas squirrel, yay!!!!

crafty_penguin said...

Wow, those cookies are really green, I like them!