Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sleepless Nights

Cavan seems to be going through a bought of thrush combined with pushing through some molars. For the last two nights he has only slept if we hold him upright. Every time we lay him down in his bed he starts to scream. Although his scream is more of a raspy yell, poor kid. I was up all night Sunday and Matt had to take Monday morning off of work so I could get some sleep. Last night we alternated a bit, but we are still running on very little sleep. At 3am this morning the baby was yelling and it woke Hunter up. The kid was wide awake and has been up ever since. I have no idea where he is getting his energy from, but I sure want to steal it.

Matt was supposed to head to Whitehorse this week for two nights, but thankfully he has rescheduled. I don't think I could have done two nights on my own this week at all.

But there is a good side to the morning- Hunter has peed on his potty three times this morning!

4 comments:

Tigger said...

When Ez was little, with the chronic congestion, I spent many a night sitting up in bed with him asleep on my chest-trying to catch a few precious zzzzz's. I symathize, completely!

Heather said...

Try elevating his crib mattress with a rolled up towel.

Morena said...

Woo hoo Hunter!! That's exciting. Cavan, not so much. I'm with you though, O's still not sleeping well either.

Tina said...

Oh your poor thing. The elevated crib mattress is the only way Joey slept. I remember how you feel. Wish I was closer!