Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bye, Bye Booby

The end has come! The boobs have completed their usefulness and can now go back to being completely useless (well other than being something Matt seems to find entertaining).

I took it quite slowly weaning Cavan since learning the hard way with Hunter that quitting cold booby is very painful. It started with taking out the night feedings and then going strictly to three boobies a day. Then I made the jump to just one booby a day and was feeling like my boobs were going to explode! Once they adjusted to that (about four days), I went to once every other evening and did that for about a week and a half. Then that was it! Cavan seemed fine with the gradual loss of his favorite item and now seems to content to blow raspberries on my chest.

While I am happy to have that over with, I definitely have a new-found respect for my body. I grew two little humans and nourished them completely from my own body. Pretty darn amazing- hurray for boobies!

Boobing Hunter on the tundra while leaning up against my quad (August 2007)

3 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

Boobies are the breast! Uh, I mean "best"!

Morena said...

Congrats on being FREE! I can't believe you did it for 13 months. I feel it's very important to breastfeed and will this time too but 6 months is all I can do. After than, I want my body back! Strangely I never had engorgement issues so it wasn't hard for me to wean.

Aida said...

kudos to you! i didnt have engorgement issue past 1 year. i can feel it being "heavy" but didnt hurt. we are at 29 months and still nursing but at least just once a day and that is before we get out of bed.