Thursday, May 13, 2010

Real Friends

This has been a very hectic week! My in-laws are flying into Whitehorse this weekend from Cape Breton. I have spent the week trying to get through my huge to-do list which just never seems to grow any smaller no matter how many items I cross off of it. Finally, I think I am ready for them to visit. The house is clean, laundry is done, messy spots are organized, guys have had hair cuts and the to-buy/to-do list for Whitehorse is all prepped.

I also have been making time every day for going on one walk, and some days two walks! The weight hasn't budged since last week, but I know that happens when I start to get stressed out. There is going to be a heck of a lot of restaurant eating over the next two weeks. I don't plan on losing any weight during this time, but am hoping to stick right around my thirty-five pounds down that I am currently at.

Today a good friend who lives about 50km out of town was in Faro all day. Now, this is how you tell a real friend from those friends who are really just acquaintances.... once her kids fell asleep in her car she came over to help me with my house cleaning!! She knew I had ditched Hunter with the sitter for day in hopes of getting everything ready. Cavan was making it a little harder than usual, but with her help I got so much done. Now this evening I can just let myself unwind. I am so lucky to have a friend like that!

Off to Whitehorse we go early tomorrow morning. The in-laws arrive early Sunday morning, so we have a couple of days to shop, do errands and hit garage sales! I am so giddy about going garage sales. Hope I find some good deals!

1 comment:

Morena said...

Have fun and enjoy your company!