Monday, June 21, 2010

An Ambitious Goal

Originally my weight loss goal for this year was fifty pounds. Recently I tweaked that goal and decided I wanted to hit my fifty pounds by the end of the third week of July. Why this date? That is when we will be on vacation down at my folks place. I decided a while back that once I hit fifty pounds I could splurge and buy some new clothes. If I hit fifty pounds when I am down there I can pop into Grande Prairie and get some new stuff in person instead of having to order it online.

I have been a bit stagnant in my weight loss since my in-laws left. For the last few weeks I have been sitting at a thirty six pound loss. So that leaves me fourteen pounds to lose in the next five weeks if I want to achieve my goal. That is a loss of nearly three pounds a week. I am confident that I will do it!

So start sending those "get your lazy ass off the internet and out walking" emails and facebook messages my way! I will need them.

6 comments:

jen said...

You are awesome, and defiantly not lazy!I need to loose 50bls!! Your my inspiration! ;)

Morena said...

I don't think there is a lazy bone left in your body, if there every was one. You're awesome and I know you can do it.

Megan said...

Fourteen pounds in three weeks is a lot. You will have to be very diligent about keeping track of everything you eat. I know you can do this. It's only three weeks. After that, you can ease into something closer to a maintenance diet so you can really rock those new clothes!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Not 3 weeks Megan. I have 5 weeks at nearly three pounds a week. Thanks for the encouragement!

jozien said...

Kara as you asked for some encouragement, maybe i can ask you, if you know that rose petals are delicious just to nibble on, in salads or dry them for making tea etc. hint hint we don't need much jelly
i don't know if i am supposed to say such things.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

heheh I totally have to limit my jelly intake Jozien! Most of what I make I sell here in Faro.