Friday, June 25, 2010

Forty!

This morning I hopped on the scale rather excitedly to see if my walking this week had paid off. And it had!!

I have now lost 40lbs since the start of January. That 50lb goal for the end of July looks like it just might happen. And I am completely blowing my goal of 50lbs for the entire 2010 year out of the water.

Since Monday I have walked 22km all the while pushing a stroller with my little lead weights inside. I am so proud of myself for getting out there every day this week, even in the crappy weather and a bit of rain.

Another high point of the week was tonight. I made a small chocolate cake tonight for Hunter's birthday. We each had a piece and then I had Matt promptly take it over to another family for them to finish it off. Otherwise I would have eaten it all tonight. That is a huge step for me as a binge eater.

My reward for hitting 40lbs? Blowing lots of my husbands money at an awesome garage sale this evening. Fantastic day all around!

6 comments:

Tina said...

I'm soo proud of you! We need a picture to see results. :)

Karyn said...

Congratulations! You are working so hard, and it is great to see your efforts paying off!

Megan said...

You are awesome!

Carole said...

Kara, I'm so, so happy for you. Woo! Hoo! I'm looking forward to my trip this summer out your way. We'll have to walk together!

Morena said...

Congrats again! And I love the new family pic.

YukonJen said...

Hey Kara,

Congrats to you!!! I'm excited. My sister has also lost almost 40 lbs.

Me--I'm just working on keeping them off.