Sunday, July 4, 2010

In sickness and in health, for richer for poorer....

How can a ten year relationship, with seven of those years married, nearly end in divorce in the middle of the Yukon wilderness?

Inform your wife (me), at nearly 200 kilometers from home and 100km down the South Canol road in prime grayling fishing territory, that you (Captain Dough-head otherwise known as my husband Matt) took my fishing rod and tackle boxes out of the camper after the last camping trip just two weeks ago and forgot to put them back in!

Yep. Nearly ended our relationship. Ask Matt how pissed I was- I am pretty sure his story involves my head spinning right around and my eyes shooting lasers at him. But after just a couple of hours (yes, I sulked for two hours), I moved on and got over it... sort of. They grayling of the South Canol will live to see another month. But I will be back. And I will double check to ensure my fishing gear has made it on-board.

And our marriage lives to see another day as well.

I love you husband. Almost as much as my fishing rod.

:)

3 comments:

Tina said...

Ahahahha. Would that be the equivalant of my husband leaving my camera at home? (Of course he didn't, he wouldn't DARE). I would have the divorce papers ready. :)

Johanna said...

okay that scared me for a sec...I actually thought the worst for a minute.

Lesley said...

Hee hee hee... oh the things that test us!!!