Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers

My mind, heart and soul have been occupied all day with thoughts and prayers on a tragedy unfolding here in the Yukon.

You can read about it here, but I would recommend not reading the comments following it.

After corresponding for months, we finally got to meet this couple in the fall when we spent time in Mayo while Matt was covering shifts there. They are the kind of people that you walk into their house and feel instantly at home and like you have known them for years. Hunter still talks about visiting them; he is in love with their dogs.

Please send all your positive thoughts and prayers to his wife and all of their families.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I saw that on the news the other day and thought of you guys as I know you had visited the community before. My thoughts and prayers have been with them, and will be. xoxo

Johanna said...

so devastating. so not fair. my heart goes out to our dear friend Allison.

Anonymous said...

They found him. =(

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/body-of-mountie-who-disappeared-in-yukon-river-recovered-99802064.html