Friday, July 23, 2010

Vacation Time!

We are leaving today for a two week vacation! Of course I am stressed out since the entire vacation is with family... Ah family.

We are leaving here in about an hour and hoping to make it past Watson Lake tonight on the Robert Campbell hwy. By Sunday we should be at my parents house outside of Dawson Creek, BC. 1500km with two boys is always an adventure! This is a fast trip and we will only be there for five days. My grandparents will be there visiting so the boys will meet their great-grandparents! Pretty exciting. Then there are a couple of days shopping and visiting with a friend who used to live in Kugluktuk that will be in the Grande Prairie area the same time as us and some quick visits with friends in Dawson Creek.

After five days we start driving north again. We will spend a night in Fort Nelson with my brother and his family then drive north to Francis Lake here in the Yukon. We will be spending six days there camping with my parents. I am already looking forward to relaxing with a few good books and my fishing rod there!

I just finished cleaning the house while the kids play with a babysitter. Now to get the last few items I am forgetting!

Weight loss update: Nope. Didn't hit my 50lbs. I am currently at 41lbs down and now just hope to hold that while we are on vacation. I am still going to buy new clothes while we are down south as a nice present for myself even though I didn't hit 50 yet. I will get back at it when I get home!

And can everyone continue to hold our friend Allison from Mayo in your prayers and thoughts. She is such an amazing woman facing one of worst fears a wife can have, all the while growing a beautiful babe. We are thinking of you Alli all the time. Rub that gorgeous growing tummy for us! xxoo

Now hopefully we don't have to break a window with a hammer after locking the baby in the truck like we did two years ago on this road....

:)

5 comments:

Tina said...

OMG I was soo thinking "I hope they bring a hammer". LMAO. I still think you should take the couple extra days and just drive here instead. :)

Erica said...

I'll miss you! Drive safe, and then come back and see what I've done to my new place in your absence ^_^

Johanna said...

Have an amazing vacation. Yes we are all holding Alli and that precious baby in our thoughts and hearts.

Lana said...

I thought of you today. I am in Dawson City and I found a store that sells your little boots. Very cute! Have a great time at home (say HI to everyone) and a safe drive!!

Morena said...

Just catching up on my blog reading since I left on vaca and it's nice to see many of my faves are also on vaca so I haven't missed too much!!

Hope you're having a great time and I'm glad you're still going to get those new clothes. Even if you're slightly short of your goal you REALLY deserve to treat yourself after that amazing accomplishment.