Thursday, August 12, 2010

Healthy Pancake Fail and Recovery

Yesterday in an attempt to sneak some veggies into Hunter, I added some sweet potato puree to his pancakes.

Fail.

He stared at them for a while (they had a nice orange brown colour), took one nibble and then said, "Mom, these pancakes are yucky for my tummy." He refused to eat anymore.

Meanwhile, Cavan ate two pancakes lickety-split and then screamed until we passed him Hunter's plate.

Whenever I make pancakes, I make enough that the boys can snack on them for the next day. This morning I gave Cavan one as a snack and Hunter requested one for himself. He stared at it, took a bite and then said in a surprised tone, "Mom, these aren't so bad after all!"

Silly kid.

2 comments:

Ann said...

You try to be so sneaky, but those kids are too quick for you. LOL

Freya said...

I try to sneak veggies in too!! But I do it for myself and hubby too, cause he does not eat hardly any veggies unless they are covered with high calorie goop, whether is be cheese sauce, or alfredo or ceasar dressing. I even put pureed carrots or whatever is on hand when I make Ayla KD!! Carrots are great cause it's the same colour as the cheese and you can't taste it!! Such sneaky mommies we are!! :)