Monday, October 18, 2010

Mukluk Completion!!

Remember a while back when I said I wanted to make something like this:




Well I made a pretty darn nice version myself!

Next I will make a pair with smoked elk hide.

Since this hide isn't really thick, I have glued on a waffle rubber sole so they can be worn outdoors. Still not the best foot wear if the snow is wet though. Best for cold weather and dry snow conditions.

They are lined with a felt boot liner, size 10 mens.

I am patting myself on the back today for making a pair of mukluks that I like. Soon I think I will be able to start taking orders!

8 comments:

Dianna said...

Those are amazing! I'm so impressed! Dianna

deiss said...

I take an 8.

:-D

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

And I will happily take your money, Deiss!! ahhahahahah

Alex said...

awesome!

Morena said...

Fantastic Kara!!

Unknown said...

Well done, you really have made a lovely pair.

Aida said...

those are sooo awesome!! and i love love your trims!

Gen said...

If you think that your muks can withstand the rigours of a cold, dry Saskatchewan winter, then I'll order you a pair! Just let me know when you're finally satisfied with the construction. I wear my bunny boots on cold days but feel a little self-conscious when I go to the mall! ;)

Oooh, I can't wait!