Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Using the Elk Hide

I was finally brave enough to cut out some of my elk hide to try another pair of mukluks. And another snazzy result!!

I am going to find something else to use for ties. I don't like using the leather- just doesn't tie tight enough. Other people use yarn, but I am no good at making those yarn ties. My friend has some laces she said will work well with them, so hopefully that works!

So here is my smoked elk hide, canvas top mukluk in a men's size 10 with a store bought felt liner good to -40C inside. Who wants to buy it? :)


3 comments:

Jackie S. Quire said...

It's so neat to see how creative you've become with your mitts and boots...
I remember when you first started.
You've come so far!

Unknown said...

loving the ribbon trim, I bought some like that in YK.

Gen said...

Oh Kara, your boots are just stunning. Well, done!