Friday, December 31, 2010

Healing, Hope and Happiness

The last year was an absolutely amazing one for me and my family. I want to say it is the best year I have ever had! My boys are growing and entertaining us daily. My husband enjoys his job and we have financial security, but still heaps of family time. I pulled myself out of a deep depression and took control of my eating issues and lost fifty pounds. After three years of living in Faro we feel at home and our house and yard are really coming together.

But 2010 was not a good year for many of my friends. There was so much loss in the last year that at times I find it completely overwhelming. A number of friends suffered miscarriages, another lost her beautiful baby days before birth and another found herself saying goodbye to her lovely baby girl when she was just six months old. More tragedy struck this summer when a pregnant friend lost her husband in a drowning accident. All around us friends are suffering and here we are having the best year imaginable. It just doesn't seem right.

To all of my friends who are grieving and suffered heartbreak in the last year, I hope that 2011 brings you healing, hope and happiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every year seems to be filled with a little bit of all of these things. Your friends are lucky to have you to empathize with them.

Wishing you a wonderful 2011.