Sunday, April 24, 2011

Anyone else have issues with NWTel?

Well I am sure all of you are.

But I am wondering if anyone else from the communities is getting an odd reading with NWTel's online tracking of your internet usage.

Yesterday I was under 15 gig. Then when I checked this evening it reports that I am over a whopping 66gig and my bill is $360.

There is just no way this is right. Just regular internet cruising between yesterday and today. No, I was not suckered into Netflix and watching movies without realizing it was using bandwidth.

Check yours out folks! I am hoping that mine isn't the only one reading wonky online.

6 comments:

Kennie said...

yeop - wonky as all hell over here too .

NWTel has got to get with the program and come up with a much better way of "tracking" usage. I am sick and tired of their wrong billing, I am sick and tired of having to call them to tell them that they have mischaged me (again).. and I am sick and tired of being held hostage by this company.

yukondude said...

I've seen a couple of people mention wild NWTel overcharges since yesterday, so I don't think you're alone. One was @yukongish on Twitter, and another was on the "northwestel abuses all northerners and exploits its monopoly" Facebook page.

Maybe NWTel just felt like awarding themselves an extra-big Easter egg this year.

Ralph and Sang said...

Yeah Kara,we received the same email yesterday and a large bill.We have never been over before
and actually had four or five internet outages in the last month.
I guess we will have to do some yelling on the phone tomorrow.

ExploreNorth said...

I just got an absurd usage report, too. Surely there's some way to get rid of these parasites.

Land said...

My parents normally a 4-6 gb a month user. just got a message saying they are at 18gb, hmm somthing fishy going on...

yukondude said...

The NortwesTel Twitter person advised folks with billing issues to call 1-888-423-2333.

At least that's toll-free.