Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting a little stressed!

I have so much to do, plan and pack in the next four days and it just sort of hit me tonight.

The kids will be going to my parents house for a week and a half, so I have to get them ready.  This time of year means a lot of extra gear gets packed (snow gear along with fall gear).  I need to pack Matt and I for two weeks of travel.  The house needs to be cleaned so there is no mess to arrive home to.  House sitters need to be arranged, aquarium needs to be cleaned, laundry needs to be done.... oh the list is long.

Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be extra busy because I am watching a toddler those days.  And Thursday I will watching the news like an addict.  Air Canada flight attendants are threatening to strike and that would screw us over royally.  I am all for the government putting them back to work asap.  Sorry flight attendants, but I need to travel!

Saturday morning we will get up early and drive to Whitehorse.  Our flight isn't until early afternoon, so we do not have go in a day early.

Chaos is about to start and I am not feeling ready for it!

5 comments:

Roberta said...

Take a breath..... a long, deep breath.... now breath out slowly! Don't sweat the small stuff (housework). Take care of yourself these last few days before your travels.

Kristi-Bisti said...

I've been mighty stressed lately as well. I can understand some of what you are going through.

Are you open to a couple of ideas? Make a priority list so the things that you may not get to, you have already agreed to rather than at the last moment trying to finish things that are crucial.

What about hiring someone to help you fora couple of hours with the house work - or cooking. Or even hiring a babysitter so you don't have to manage the kids while finishing all your stuff?

Best wishes to you, Kara! I'm in your corner!

Anonymous said...

Watching the Yukon election on-line.....woo hoo!

Carole said...

I'm with Roberta and Kristi-Bisti. You'll get 'er done girl! Can't wait to hear more about your journey.

Natalie said...

Kara, I will be thinking of you and wishing you the very best! What you are doing is AMAZING, I am in awe of your strength and bravery to share your experience with us all. SInce I have had my little girl, 18 months ago I have lost almost 80 lbs. It's been crazy hard, but I have the support of my husband and really am trying to lead a healthier lifestyle for my little one. Keep on blogging & when you are back sewing, let us know!! I am going to ask Santa for a pair of your beautiful sealskin mitts!!!