Sunday, November 20, 2011

Craft Show Success!

The craft show was a huge success and definitely worth my time to drive in from Faro for the night.  Not only did I make $1400 that day, but I have a few custom orders as a result of the business cards I handed out yesterday.  Now I am just trying to decide what types of new furs I am going to buy to try sewing with next! 

I am really proud that my hobby is completely self-sustaining and has been for the last couple of years.  It never seems right to me to spend our family money on my hobby when it could be better spent or saved.  Lately I have been dreaming of an industrial sewing machine and a fur machine, so maybe a bunch of this will go into that dream fund!

My table!  I just purchased some nice display units and they really made a difference.

Twirly display for the key chains and hair clips/elastics.

Three tier display for headbands.

Mitten rack thanks to Matt!

Hat area.

Here is Vicky, my friend from Ross River, who nearly sold out!  Her table had maybe 12 items left.  Great job Vicky!!

5 comments:

Sarah N said...

I was so stoked to see you at the craft fair! I was also super excited to spend my money at your table and out in another order :) Way to go Kara!

Kristi-Bisti said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!

Heather, aka: Mum said...

It was great seeing you there Kara! & good to hear how well you did!! Hope we can connect over a steamy cuppa tea next time :)

jen said...

Oh how I wish I was there!!!

Joy said...

Congratulations on the show!

I've just signed up to follow you too.

Warmest regards,
Joy

www.PardonMyPoppet.com/PipSqueaks
Pardon My Poppet ~ Pip Squeaks from the Mummy-verse!