Friday, January 27, 2012

Sick Boys

It has been a tiring week in our house with sick kids.  Cavan started with a fever on Monday and by Thursday it was a horrible sore throat.  Advil and tylenol have been our best friends!  The sore throat has by far been worse than the fever.  He hasn't eaten since yesterday at lunch; it seems that everything he tries to eat hurts his throat too much and he just cries.  Poor kid.

Hunter's teacher told me he was complaining of a sore tummy at school yesterday when I picked him up at noon.  By 1pm he didn't want to move off the rocking chair.  He stayed on the chair napping on and off until we put him in bed at 7pm.  He was burning up at bedtime, so advil for him too.

I sure hope this runs it course soon.  One thing I am thankful for is that Matt is working in Faro right now!  I don't know how I would be managing this without him.
Here is Hunter asleep on Matt!  It was such a funny position I had to take a photo.
And here is a very upset Cavan.  A friend had just dropped off a cantaloup from Whitehorse; it is his favorite snack.  But every time he tried a bite he would cry because of his sore throat.  So sad to watch!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope the boys feel better soon... It sucks when you are sick!!

Tara Borin said...

Poor little guys. I hope they come through it soon (and that you don't get sick, either!)

Morena said...

Poor little bugs... I hope they're on the me mend soon.