Thursday, March 1, 2012

Five Months- What A Difference!

Update Time!

On October 1st, I started my pre-surgery diet plan.  That day I weighed in at 319lbs.  So disheartening. 

Five months later, four and 10 days since I had my bariatric surgery, I now weight exactly 250lbs.  I have lost 69lbs so far on this journey!  I know some people believe that surgery is the easy way out, and I just wish those people could spend a day with me and see that it truly isn't.  I still have to weight, measure and track every bite of food that goes into my mouth.  I am changing life long habits and addictions.  I am learning how to deal with stress and other emotions without eating and it is hard.  Really hard.  But I am doing it and I am excelling at it!

I am really proud of my achievement this month.  The gym and I have become best friends over the last five weeks.  Three times a week I have been down there strength training.  I have also been to the squash court twice and bought myself a membership so I can go more often.  The results have already been impressive!  The inches are really coming off.  I will do a post soon on what exercises I have been doing.

Here are my original measurements, then the ones from the middle of January and last the ones done today:
Chest has gone from 51" to 47.5" to 45"
Waist has gone from 52" to 48.25" to 45.5"
Hips have gone from 64" to 59" to 55.5"
Upper arms have gone from 17" to 16" to 15.5"

My hips are really shrinking!  I have lost 8.5" just off my hips.  I love it!  I am seeing a lot more muscle tone in my arms and shoulders.  I guess even just being able to bench press a measly 55lbs is doing the trick!

This months pictures were really shocking to me.  The difference has become so noticeable!  I am really curious how I will look once I get another thirty pounds off and hit one hundred down.
The day before surgery at 308lbs.

Tuesday morning at 252lbs.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic progress! And no doubt super hard work to get to where you are. Wishing you continued success on your journey!

Shanlee

-N- said...

Those are really impressive stats! You are looking great, very toned.

Allmycke said...

I've said it before, but you deserve to hear this again - I am full of awe over what you've done. You're an inspiration to many others and these picture tell me that you WILL be hiking the Chilkoot next summer!

Morena said...

Look at you! You look fantastic. I'm so happy you're doing well and are healthy and happy. Keep it up, you can do anything you put your mind to. Congrats!

deiss said...

I'm so incredibly proud of you! You really are Wonder Girl #1!!!

jen said...

You AH-MAZING!

Lesley said...

Not only are you doing it, but you have been doing it at a very stressful time with having to do a lot of solo parenting! You are doing amazingly well!!!

J Dowell-Irvine said...

Kara you really are inspiring! You go girl! You REALLY are doing it!

The Incredible Shrinking Tushie said...

Good job, Kara!

Sarah said...

Great work! I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying the gym, too. You are doing amazing things - and those photos and numbers prove how far you have come. Woo hoo!