Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So what gives?

I am nearing the end of week five of Matt being away for work.  I have been very lucky in that he has been home some of the weekends during this stint, so I shouldn't complain too loudly. 

But as usual, something has to give in that time. 

We have been busy.  I walk to school every morning with Hunter and also walk down to pick him up at lunch time.  Cavan goes to playgroup twice a week.  We are swimming, digging for buried treasures, taking more walks, tending to our yard, baking, cooking healthy meals, visiting with friends, going to the library, going to the little Kettle cafe, keeping the house clean, doing the laundry, reading books, and more.  I am a planner and have each day organized well in advance.  But even with everything organized there just isn't enough time in the day for everything.  So what has to give when I am doing this on my own?

Sadly, my craft time!  In the last five weeks all I have made are two fleece hoodies for a friend and wee fleece poncho.  I am missing my sewing room a lot! 

But our days have been filled with so much fun that it hasn't been that hard to put my crafting on hiatus.  Good thing I made a lot of stuff throughout the winter that is selling down at our local visitor's centre. 

After this week I am pretty sure that Matt will be working just in Faro for the next year.  Hurray!  I am already excited about the craft time I will have over the next year. 

But until then, I will stick with my outside, quality time with my boys instead of hiding in my lair.  Thankfully spring is here in full force for us to enjoy out there!

1 comment:

J Dowell-Irvine said...

Love the Deck, Love the sign! Free range parents as well:) and glad Matt can finally range closer to home! You deserve a break!