Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eight Month Update

The countdown is on!

It is has been eight months since my surgery and the weight is still come off.  I lost 8lbs in the last month and that includes a 10 day stall.  Those sure are frustrating, but I still keep plodding along.

I have lost 95lbs.  I am nearing the 100lb mark that I never dreamed I would achieve.  Of course now that it is within reach it feels like it is taking forever to get there.  Everyone tells me to be patient, I will get there.  But if you know me, patience is not my strong point.

The fitbit is still tracking my every move.  A regular day is 12k steps and an active day (usually playing squash) puts me between 15 and 18k steps.  I am also at the pool a few times a week plus a lot of yardwork. 

Eating has been pretty good minus that incident with the nutella that I would rather forget.  I just placed a large online order for some new ingredients for making a variety of protein heavy foods.  I am excited to try the new recipes for bread and muffins!

My calorie intake is between 1000 and 1200 a day.  I have been snacking in the evenings again and I have to work at curbing that before it gets out of hand.

Eight months and I have lost 30% of my mass.  It is so life changing and I really don't have words to describe it.

I will get some new pictures up soon!  And if you see me snacking, tell me to put it down because 100lbs is within reach.  If you see me walking, tell me to walk faster because 100lbs is within reach.  If I am on the computer, tell me to get my butt outside because 100lbs is within reach.

Thanks friends and family for your support!  I would definitely not have made it this far without all of you!

3 comments:

Trish said...

OMG that is soo close! You can do it Kara!

jan said...

I grinned the whole day when I hit the hundred pound mark! It is a great accomplishment and must be celebrated - but not by eating!!!! Wierd, but we must substitute other ways to enjoy! Like dancing! Even alone, dancing can be great fun! Keep it up Kara!

J Dowell-Irvine said...

Dear Kara
I am so happy for you and you have worked so hard for it, you deserve and keep it up - WOW!