Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Job

Most days I really love my job.

Yep, being a stay-at-home mama is definitely a job!

Today was one of those days that reaffirmed my love of being home.

This morning?  The usual routine of making sure the boys get dressed, eat breakfast, brush their teeth, and get their backpacks loaded (Cavan loads his with his snacks for the day so he feels like a big kid even though he isn't in school yet).  Then it is the 1.5km round trip walk to and from the school.  After that it was coffee with a friend and then playgroup at the rec centre until noon.  Normal, lovely morning.

The afternoon was fun....

We dug 25lbs of potatoes out of the garden.

We baked three peach loaves.

We could smell delicious chicken adobo in the slow cooker.

We picked the last of the carrots out the garden.

We stacked another row of firewood.  Well, Hunter and I did while Cavan directed.

We all giggled at our boy carrot!

We invited another mama and her brood over to craft with us.  We took a walk in the woods to pick leaves.

And then came back to my home to make these wax paper and crayon fall creations.

Squeezed in between was our regular book reading and housework.  Days really don't get much better than that!  Fun with family, friends and the outdoors.  What a perfect job.

And tonight?  Me time with my hobby and a bit of tv viewing.  Going to finish these up and start on a new pair:

I am very thankful that we live in a place that allows us the financial freedom of being a one income family.  This is the best job I have ever and will ever have.