Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Whew!

The last few days have been a whirlwind of house cleaning, sewing and packing for our trip.  Tomorrow we are leaving for two weeks to visit my parents in Dawson Creek.  We all drive to Whitehorse and spend the night.  On Friday, the boys and I fly down while Matt drives down!  Sucker!  ahahah  

We booked the tickets months ago before we knew if Matt would have time off work.  Once he was approved for leave, there were no more tickets left.  I am happy he is driving down though, since that means I can fill the truck with goodies from my shopping adventures in Grande Prairie!  Matt is only down for one week and then he drives back to Faro to get back to work.  The boys and I will be down there until the 1st of December.

I haven't seen my father in 13 months but I did see my mom in the spring when she drove up for a visit.  Quite the change in me since I have seen them last!

While I am gone there will be a craft show in Faro that I have always attended.  My wonderful husband has volunteered (read: been told) that he will run my table for me since I will be away.  I have been sewing my heart out to have a variety of items ready for the show.  Plus sewing a heap of custom orders as well. 

I finally sat down last night and made myself a pair of mittens and was heartbroken when they ended up being just a wee bit too small for myself.  Tonight I cut myself out a new pair, but I am just too pooped to work on them!  I am going to take them down south with me and will finish them down there.

Here are pictures of what I have made in the last week:
Baby booties!

Fox fur earmuffs!


More booties!

Blue fox trimmed mitts.

Lynx fur earmuffs

Beaver fur hat

Ginormous gauntlet mittens! 


So sad these are too small for me!  Fuchsia seal with inlaid black seal in the shape of a raven.  Blue fox trim.

These mittens will make someone happy!
Have a great couple of weeks everyone!

8 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

Hmmm... drive down one of the most beautiful highways in the world by myself or fly with two rambunctious boys...

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

ahahhaah Good point, Michael! I will probably be grey by the time I arrive meanwhile Matt will be fully relaxed after a couple days kid free!

Tara Borin said...

Wow, everything looks great! I really love those booties, they're gorgeous! I want to try my hand at some leather sewing for Christmas gifts. A pair of slippers and a little card holder. Wish me luck!

Have a great trip!

Allmycke said...

22 dheAnneIf I send you my shoe size - would you make a pair of slippers for me? Sealskin and fur trim of your choice - name a price.c

Allmycke said...

I HATE the trying to prove I'm not a robot!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

My slipper making ability is not that good yet!!! Send me a message when I get home from holidays and we will chat about it!

:)

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I find myself in Grande Prairie over the weekend as well......freaky.

Morena said...

Beautiful work Kara. I loved the mitts.