Sunday, February 10, 2013

Wood Stove Love

Our wood stove is up and running and we couldn't be happier!

It was tough to decide where to place the stove in our house.  This house is quite large, but not a very open concept.  If we put the stove in our basement, there just wasn't a good way to circulate the air.  We looked into putting in a new wood/oil furnace as well, but that was just out of our budget.  In the end, we decided to put a stove in our living area where we spend the majority of our time.

Our basement is still heated by oil through an oil monitor that is in our garage.  The basement is a little cool, but still fine to function in.  I have a small electric heater in my sewing room since I find I get cold when sitting down at my machine for too long.

We had put up 7 cords of wood this fall thanks to help from some friends after Matt broke his foot.  We will barely put a dent in that this year since the stove didn't get installed until the new year.  But this spring we will still head out and add to the pile.  There is no way that will be left to last minute or scrambling in the middle of winter to find someone to bring it for us. 

And I am especially excited about not having to pay massive oil bills now!

Perfect!

1 comment:

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

WOW I love it!!! I think it looks great where you put it :)