Monday, April 22, 2013

The Last Ten Days

The last ten days have been a whirlwind of activity.

I started a mitten make project with the Youth Group here in Faro.  It is going to take ages to get about 15 teenagers (almost all boys!) to complete their mittens, but it will be fun!

The boys and I flew to visit my parents for a week in BC.  The travel was killer.  We drove from Faro to Whitehorse, killed 5 hours playing, took the plane to Vancouver, quick stop, then a plane to Fort St. John, and then a 1.5hr drive to my parents house (we left Faro at 8am and arrived at my folks at 1am).  I think it took me two days to recover from that and then I had to repeat it all backwards just four days after that.  But the short trip was worth it.  The boys got to visit with their only two cousins, see their only actual Auntie and Uncle, and have some quality time with their Grandma and Grandpa. 

Then Cavan turned four on Sunday and we had a little party and day of celebration for him.  I made him a great looking ninja turtle cake.  While he is happy to be four, he is now pissed off at the world that he cannot attend school NOW!  Waiting until fall is not impressing him any.

And I have still been running too!  I did three runs while down at my parents and the longest run was 28min straight.  When I came home to Faro, I tried a 30min run the next day, but puked after 16min and was too dizzy to try running again.  I think I was just exhausted!  We are going to back up the program by a few weeks and take it outside now that the roads are clear of snow.  I am going to be cursing the hills of Faro soon!

I bought myself a real bike with heaps of gears and took it around the block tonight.  I had to push it up the hill to my house though!!

AND!!  I got myself a kick ass huge tattoo on my inner forearm! 

Now the mishmash of photos:
Happy with his new birthday scooter!

Kick ass tattoo.

Lots of love from neighbourhood friends!

Ninja turtle cake and a kid buzzed out on orange pop!

Wee gluten free ninja turtle cupcake for Matt!

When did my baby boy get so big?

Cavan trying out a little skidoo at my parent's house.

My boys and their cousins attacking my brother.

Cousins!

Rednecks R Us.

Trouble from biggest to smallest package.

2 comments:

Tara Borin said...

That IS a kick ass tattoo! I love it!

Roy E said...

Appreciiate your blog post