Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Crafty and Busy!

Spring is here and we are enjoying it immensely! 

The kids play outside every day with a large group of their friends.  Sleds are flying down the icy hills and all are enjoying the giant snow hill for a while longer.  I have been lounging in the sun on the back deck with friends- the freckles are coming out in full force now!

And I have been back at the crafting!  I didn't do much with my hobby since last summer.  All of my spare time was spent getting ready for my surgery (exercising and prepping meals to make my life easier upon my return), then there was my surgery and recovery.  Finally I am feel nearly back to my crafty self and I am loving it!

In the last week I made six pairs of baby booties, two pairs of baby mittens, three pairs of earmuffs, and am working on a pair of ladies mittens right now.  It feels so great to be back at it!  Plus, tourist season is right around the corner!  My crafts sell really well here in town, both to locals and tourists.  My goal this summer is to save enough from crafting to do the usual of replace my supplies (and buy a few more), but also to put away money to go towards the supplies I need to build a greenhouse for next summer!
A few of the afternoon crew!



A bunch of booties!
 

Earmuffs!  Lynx, Arctic Fox, Fox

Baby mittens!  These were a custom order this week.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, nice work! Do you use a sewing machine or do you sew by hand?

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Hi Nicole!

All of that stuff was sewn by hand!

Anonymous said...

It's so weird to see snow in April. Where I'm from, we hardly get snow (about once every couple years in January or so), and when it does snow, it ends up melting within a couple hours.