Sunday, May 10, 2015

Look at what is growing around here!

Spring is here and I haven't been inside much at all, except the time I spend on my school work each morning.  I have been spending my time walking (a lot- 30 000 steps a day which is over 20km), prepping the garden/greenhouse, more walking, reading on my back deck, prepping for the camping season, and really, anything I can think of that has me outside.

Check out what has been growing around here lately:

The Dog.
She is six months old a bit of a brat right now.  She loves to destroy toilet paper and can find anything dead in a 5km radius.  I am teaching her to ride on my quad with me and I love having my little Emma for my walks.



The Plants.
The greenhouse pots are all mixed up with new compost and manure.  A kiddie pool is perfect for dumping and mixing pots!  Another few weeks and the plants will be moving in.  The raised beds need more work and I will get them prepped this week and will plant seeds after next weekend.  Indoors I have tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, zucchini, and pumpkins that are slowly but surely taking over the dining room.



The C-Boy.
Cavan turned six last month.  When did my baby get to be six?  He had friends over for games outside like tug of war and egg balancing.  We got him stilts for his birthday since Santa didn't bring them as he request for Christmas and he is already up to 330 steps without stopping and totally unassisted.  I am planning on selling him to the circus once I have him trained up a bit better.


The H-Boy.
Hunter is taking right after his mama.  He has always loved books, but his addiction to reading is really growing!  And check out the title on this book.  Zombies!  Yah!  I am raising him right.  


This is summer number eight for us here in the Yukon.  And number twelve for north of 60.  Time passes so fast and thankfully, we are still very content with our lives here.

First crocus of the year.... which Emma ate right after this picture was taken.

My growing boys!

2 comments:

Kyle@Les Insonorisations said...

Looks very happy. . I love to have my own garden too. Wish me the best ;)

Xina@Entreprises LM said...

Happy, healthier family.. Great photos! <3